DA: Killing connected to Minn. man's Pa. slaying
PHILADELPHIA (AP) -July 12,2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say the 2008 killing of a Philadelphia college student is connected to a killing a few months later in which a man fatally silenced his alleged accomplice.
Prosecutors say Marcellus Jones shot and killed Tyreek Taylor to stop him from talking to police about the June 2008 killing of Drexel University graduate student Beau Zabel.
The Austin, Minn. native had moved to Philadelphia to teach a few weeks before he was shot and killed during a robbery on a South Philadelphia street.
Jones was convicted last month in Taylor's killing. The Philadelphia Inquirer reports the killing's connection to Zabel's death was detailed in a motion alleging "prior bad acts" involving the men.
Jones was sentenced to life in prison for Taylor's killing. Police say they'll continue to investigate Zabel's death.
- Numbers drawn for $636M Mega Millions jackpot
- Brisk And Cold 11 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill 18 min ago
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment 5 min ago
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- Woman found murdered in Bethlehem
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor
- Harvard student charged in campus bomb hoax
- Kevin Hart on stolen computers: I'll be back
- Brisk And Cold
11 min ago
- Water main break causes river of ice in...
18 min ago
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment
5 min ago