DA: Killing connected to Minn. man's Pa. slaying
PHILADELPHIA (AP) -July 12,2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say the 2008 killing of a Philadelphia college student is connected to a killing a few months later in which a man fatally silenced his alleged accomplice.
Prosecutors say Marcellus Jones shot and killed Tyreek Taylor to stop him from talking to police about the June 2008 killing of Drexel University graduate student Beau Zabel.
The Austin, Minn. native had moved to Philadelphia to teach a few weeks before he was shot and killed during a robbery on a South Philadelphia street.
Jones was convicted last month in Taylor's killing. The Philadelphia Inquirer reports the killing's connection to Zabel's death was detailed in a motion alleging "prior bad acts" involving the men.
Jones was sentenced to life in prison for Taylor's killing. Police say they'll continue to investigate Zabel's death.
- 10-year-old Wilmington boy reported missing
- A Nice Stretch
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot suspect
- Friends mourn NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
- Collapse committee to hold first meeting today 47 min ago
- Maple syrup used to vandalize Pottstown church
- Award-winning journalist Michael Hastings dies
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Car carrier crashes into bridge in Whitemarsh Twp.
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Death investigation leads police to home of Patriots TE 42 min ago
- James, Heat push NBA Finals to Game 7
- Special investigative committee building...
48 min ago