Tacony neighbors cope with water main break
TACONY -July 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- A water main break and sink hole has left a Philadelphia neighborhood in Tacony in turmoil.
Philadelphia Police were called around 8:00 a.m. to a report of a water main break and sink hole at the intersection of Wissinoming Street and Unruh Avenue.
Chopper Six captured the big sink hole and the barriers that were placed around it for safety measures.
The Philadelphia water department was called out to turn off the water, and now multiple homes are without water.
Crews are working to repair the break.
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia 20 min ago
- PennDOT clears roads of snow, preps for ice
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Police search for burglar targeting Philly restaurants
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- No bail for 2 charged in Philly collapse
- 6 missing adults, children found alive in Nevada
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
20 min ago