Tacony neighbors cope with water main break
TACONY -July 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- A water main break and sink hole has left a Philadelphia neighborhood in Tacony in turmoil.
Philadelphia Police were called around 8:00 a.m. to a report of a water main break and sink hole at the intersection of Wissinoming Street and Unruh Avenue.
Chopper Six captured the big sink hole and the barriers that were placed around it for safety measures.
The Philadelphia water department was called out to turn off the water, and now multiple homes are without water.
Crews are working to repair the break.
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Fla 3 min ago
- Damp and cooler. 55 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Child falls from 2-story window in Point Breeze
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- FBI searches apartment in ricin letter case
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized
- Damp and cooler.
55 min ago