Forest fire contained in southern NJ; may be arson
HAMILTON TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) -July 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- Crews have contained a forest fire in a remote section of southern New Jersey's Hamilton Township, west of Atlantic City.
The blaze has burned about 130 acres, and authorities suspect it might have been deliberately set.
The state Forest Fire Service says the fire broke out around 7 a.m. and was spotted by an airplane.
No homes or businesses are near the fire, which is burning between the Black Horse Pike and the Atlantic City Expressway.
new jersey, fire, wild fire, atlantic county, local/state
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected 12 min ago
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in Talleyville
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera 28 min ago
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Video: Christmas tree comes to life in school prank
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected
12 min ago
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught...
28 min ago