Forest fire contained in southern NJ; may be arson
HAMILTON TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) -July 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- Crews have contained a forest fire in a remote section of southern New Jersey's Hamilton Township, west of Atlantic City.
The blaze has burned about 130 acres, and authorities suspect it might have been deliberately set.
The state Forest Fire Service says the fire broke out around 7 a.m. and was spotted by an airplane.
No homes or businesses are near the fire, which is burning between the Black Horse Pike and the Atlantic City Expressway.
new jersey, fire, wild fire, atlantic county, local/state
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest 54 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight 20 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting 11 min ago
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough apartment 45 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Police: Elderly man targeted in Chester home invasion 57 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 1 min ago
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Warminster
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- Frost Advisory Overnight
20 min ago
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
54 min ago
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough...
45 min ago