Forest fire contained in southern NJ; may be arson
HAMILTON TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) -July 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- Crews have contained a forest fire in a remote section of southern New Jersey's Hamilton Township, west of Atlantic City.
The blaze has burned about 130 acres, and authorities suspect it might have been deliberately set.
The state Forest Fire Service says the fire broke out around 7 a.m. and was spotted by an airplane.
No homes or businesses are near the fire, which is burning between the Black Horse Pike and the Atlantic City Expressway.
new jersey, fire, wild fire, atlantic county, local/state
- Actor James Gandolfini dies at 51
- Splendid spring finale
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Boy, 6, hit by car in East Oak Lane
- Villanova lockdown over, all suspects in custody
- Pregnant woman, 2 others shot in N. Phila.
- Back yard bear prompts photos, videos
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman Zimmer
- 20 people charged in Ocean Co. heroin raids
- 15 charged in NJ unemployment fraud case
- AMA declares obesity a disease [POLL]
- Video: Phila. choir shares stage with Rolling Stones
- Desmond's slam leads Nats over Phillies