Pa. Gov. Corbett reacts to Freeh Report
HARRISBURG, PA. - July 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- Pennsylvania Governor Tom Corbett made the following statement in response to the Freeh Report criticizing Penn State University's handling of the Jerry Sandusky matter.
"There are monsters among us; people who will hurt children for their own sexual gratification. Every university, school, business and individual has an obligation to follow up and report such cases.
"This case is of such significance that I hope people will learn from it, and we will see that the failure to protect children does not happen again.
"I'll work to ensure that Penn State's administration and board of trustees implement the Freeh report's recommendations."
pennsylvania, pennsylvania state university, joe paterno, jerry sandusky, local/state
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater 3 min ago
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- 'GMA' promotes Lara Spencer to co-host 17 min ago
- Hate messages sprayed on W. Amwell business
18 min ago