Pa. Gov. Corbett reacts to Freeh Report
HARRISBURG, PA. - July 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- Pennsylvania Governor Tom Corbett made the following statement in response to the Freeh Report criticizing Penn State University's handling of the Jerry Sandusky matter.
"There are monsters among us; people who will hurt children for their own sexual gratification. Every university, school, business and individual has an obligation to follow up and report such cases.
"This case is of such significance that I hope people will learn from it, and we will see that the failure to protect children does not happen again.
"I'll work to ensure that Penn State's administration and board of trustees implement the Freeh report's recommendations."
pennsylvania, pennsylvania state university, joe paterno, jerry sandusky, local/state
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Man freed from under train on Broad Street Line 45 min ago
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet 24 min ago
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million
- Local men reflects on meeting with Mandela
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Elkins Park sisters treated at KoP by Make-a-Wish
- Area medical schools use 'Jeopardy' as learning tool