Pa. Gov. Corbett reacts to Freeh Report
HARRISBURG, PA. - July 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- Pennsylvania Governor Tom Corbett made the following statement in response to the Freeh Report criticizing Penn State University's handling of the Jerry Sandusky matter.
"There are monsters among us; people who will hurt children for their own sexual gratification. Every university, school, business and individual has an obligation to follow up and report such cases.
"This case is of such significance that I hope people will learn from it, and we will see that the failure to protect children does not happen again.
"I'll work to ensure that Penn State's administration and board of trustees implement the Freeh report's recommendations."
pennsylvania, pennsylvania state university, joe paterno, jerry sandusky, local/state
- Viewer takes photos of bear in back yard 35 min ago
- A Nice Stretch 39 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Robbery suspect on the loose in Lower Merion 7 min ago
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman Zimmer
- 20 people charged in Ocean Co. heroin raids
- 15 charged in NJ unemployment fraud case
- Computer outage delays travelers at Phila. Airport
- Father, son 'pimps' acquitted after prostitutes testify
- Suspect robs Philadelphia Dunkin' Donuts at gunpoint
- Dolce and Gabbana convicted of tax evasion
- Philly deputy mayor: City not liable for demo sites
- Rollings Stones review: How old is too old?