Western Pa. mom released after child death plea
SOMERSET, Pa. (AP) -July 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- A western Pennsylvania woman accused in the death of her 18-month-old daughter is out of jail after pleading guilty to a misdemeanor endangerment charge.
Amanda Svenungsen was sentenced Thursday to a time-served sentence of 74 days. Under the terms of her plea agreement Svenungsen will testify against her boyfriend in the August death of her daughter, Baylee.
Somerset County prosecutors say Cody Schartiger abused the girl while her mother was sleeping at their Ursina home. He's charged with homicide.
State police say Baylee Svenungsen had a broken arm, hemorrhaging and bruising when she was found dead in her crib. An autopsy found she died of asphyxiation due to smothering and compression on the neck.
children, pennsylvania, local/state
- Cold today, Saturday looks snowy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Carjack suspect in custody in SW Phila. 21 min ago
- Driver crashes into police cruiser in Wilmington 9 min ago
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Video: Flyers fans receive greatest Christmas gift
- Beyonce releases new album on iTunes 57 min ago
- Beyonce releases new album on iTunes
57 min ago
- Carjack suspect in custody in SW Phila.
21 min ago
- Police investigate armed home invasion in...
45 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos