Western Pa. mom released after child death plea
SOMERSET, Pa. (AP) -July 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- A western Pennsylvania woman accused in the death of her 18-month-old daughter is out of jail after pleading guilty to a misdemeanor endangerment charge.
Amanda Svenungsen was sentenced Thursday to a time-served sentence of 74 days. Under the terms of her plea agreement Svenungsen will testify against her boyfriend in the August death of her daughter, Baylee.
Somerset County prosecutors say Cody Schartiger abused the girl while her mother was sleeping at their Ursina home. He's charged with homicide.
State police say Baylee Svenungsen had a broken arm, hemorrhaging and bruising when she was found dead in her crib. An autopsy found she died of asphyxiation due to smothering and compression on the neck.
children, pennsylvania, local/state
- Delaware County mail carrier accused of theft 22 min ago
- Rain Moves Out, Cool Winds Blow In 11 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Faith-healing couple held without bail 19 min ago
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J.
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Sex offender arrested in Del. child porn bust
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer 25 min ago
- Philadelphia man sentenced in shaken baby death 20 min ago
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- Video: New warning about scams targeting seniors 37 min ago
- Healthcheck: Dealing with poison ivy
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy...
25 min ago
- Sarah Bloomquist checks on area roads
44 min ago
- Top surfer got her start at the Jersey shore
45 min ago