DA: No word from Sandusky's Alamo Bowl victim
SAN ANTONIO (AP) - July 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- San Antonio prosecutors say they haven't heard from Pennsylvania authorities or the person who accused former Penn State coach Jerry Sandusky of abuse at the 1999 Alamo Bowl.
Prosecutors in Pennsylvania have alleged that Sandusky brought a person known as Victim 4 to San Antonio for his final game as Penn State's defensive coordinator.
Bexar County District Attorney Susan Reed tells the San Antonio Express-News that Pennsylvania prosecutors wouldn't give them the identity of Victim 4. Bexar prosecutors also asked officials there to tell the victim they would open a case with his cooperation. They say they haven't heard from him.
A report released Thursday claims former coach Joe Paterno and other top Penn State officials covered up what they knew about claims that Sandusky had abused children.
child abuse, child sex assault, pennsylvania state university, pennsylvania, local/state
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos