DA: No word from Sandusky's Alamo Bowl victim
SAN ANTONIO (AP) - July 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- San Antonio prosecutors say they haven't heard from Pennsylvania authorities or the person who accused former Penn State coach Jerry Sandusky of abuse at the 1999 Alamo Bowl.
Prosecutors in Pennsylvania have alleged that Sandusky brought a person known as Victim 4 to San Antonio for his final game as Penn State's defensive coordinator.
Bexar County District Attorney Susan Reed tells the San Antonio Express-News that Pennsylvania prosecutors wouldn't give them the identity of Victim 4. Bexar prosecutors also asked officials there to tell the victim they would open a case with his cooperation. They say they haven't heard from him.
A report released Thursday claims former coach Joe Paterno and other top Penn State officials covered up what they knew about claims that Sandusky had abused children.
child abuse, child sex assault, pennsylvania state university, pennsylvania, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ