Police: Husband shoots wife in Havertown
HAVERTOWN, Pa. - July 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say a 25-year-old woman is in stable condition after she was shot by her husband.
It happened shortly before 1:30 Friday afternoon on the 500 block of Wales Road in Havertown.
Authorities say 26-year-old Gerald R. Moss fired at his wife - hitting her in the shoulder.
The woman was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania in critical condition.
Moss turned himself into police at the scene and remains in custody. His charges include attempted homicide and aggravated assault.
No word what sparked the shooting.
pennsylvania, delaware county, shooting, local/state
- Mile-wide tornado hits Oklahoma City suburbs 25 min ago
- Soupy Situation 7 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 15 motorcyclists arrested following NJ chase ID'd 5 min ago
- New sighting reported of missing student's car
- Cherry Hill East student injured in crash 24 min ago
- Surveillance video released in food vendor murder
- Appoquinimink teacher arrested for indecent exposure
- Nurse viciously attacked outside Cooper Hospital 30 min ago
- Housekeeper sentenced for Ben Franklin bust theft 49 min ago
- Bucks County bear now spotted in Bristol Twp. 50 min ago
- Publicist: Founding member of The Doors dies at 74 14 min ago
- Diet Detours: Healthy grilling 26 min ago
- Mile-wide tornado hits Oklahoma City suburbs
25 min ago
- Disabled veteran robbed, beaten in home...
46 min ago
- Soupy Situation
7 min ago
- Bucks County bear now spotted in Bristol Twp.
50 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos