8 rescued after boats collide off Del. coast
BETHANY BEACH, Del. (AP) - July 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Coast Guard says it rescued eight people off the Delaware coast after a pre-dawn collision between a large motorboat and sailboat.
Coast Guard officials say six of the people rescued Friday were aboard the motorboat, the Line Item, which took on water and sank about seven miles east of Bethany Beach.
Two boaters and a cat were pulled from the disabled sailboat, the Obsession.
No injuries were reported.
The Coast Guard station in Rehoboth Beach heard the mayday call. A boat crew from that station and a cutter out of Cape May, N.J., took part in the rescue.
delaware, sussex county, water rescue, local/state
- 3 beach homes destroyed in Sea Isle City fire 6 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire 19 min ago
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry 34 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Hate messages sprayed on W. Amwell business
32 min ago