8 rescued after boats collide off Del. coast
BETHANY BEACH, Del. (AP) - July 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Coast Guard says it rescued eight people off the Delaware coast after a pre-dawn collision between a large motorboat and sailboat.
Coast Guard officials say six of the people rescued Friday were aboard the motorboat, the Line Item, which took on water and sank about seven miles east of Bethany Beach.
Two boaters and a cat were pulled from the disabled sailboat, the Obsession.
No injuries were reported.
The Coast Guard station in Rehoboth Beach heard the mayday call. A boat crew from that station and a cutter out of Cape May, N.J., took part in the rescue.
delaware, sussex county, water rescue, local/state
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Bitter Blast Thursday 45 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings 27 min ago
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- Upper Darby man accused of burning son, 3 42 min ago
- Prosecutor: no charges against George Zimmerman
- Protestors block ICE building in Spring Garden
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station 1 min ago
- Power returns after outage at Christiana Mall 28 min ago
- New video shows deadly Asiana jet crash
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof.
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk
- Women sentenced in murder of Danny DeGennaro
- Bitter Blast Thursday
45 min ago
- Upper Darby man accused of burning son, 3
42 min ago
- Police: Camden Man robbed 5 banks in 1 month
43 min ago
- Person, cat rescued from New Castle fire
44 min ago