8 rescued after boats collide off Del. coast
BETHANY BEACH, Del. (AP) - July 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Coast Guard says it rescued eight people off the Delaware coast after a pre-dawn collision between a large motorboat and sailboat.
Coast Guard officials say six of the people rescued Friday were aboard the motorboat, the Line Item, which took on water and sank about seven miles east of Bethany Beach.
Two boaters and a cat were pulled from the disabled sailboat, the Obsession.
No injuries were reported.
The Coast Guard station in Rehoboth Beach heard the mayday call. A boat crew from that station and a cutter out of Cape May, N.J., took part in the rescue.
delaware, sussex county, water rescue, local/state
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Finally, a nice weekend! 5 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Finally, a nice weekend!
5 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos