8 rescued after boats collide off Del. coast
BETHANY BEACH, Del. (AP) - July 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Coast Guard says it rescued eight people off the Delaware coast after a pre-dawn collision between a large motorboat and sailboat.
Coast Guard officials say six of the people rescued Friday were aboard the motorboat, the Line Item, which took on water and sank about seven miles east of Bethany Beach.
Two boaters and a cat were pulled from the disabled sailboat, the Obsession.
No injuries were reported.
The Coast Guard station in Rehoboth Beach heard the mayday call. A boat crew from that station and a cutter out of Cape May, N.J., took part in the rescue.
delaware, sussex county, water rescue, local/state
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5
- Steamy Situation 13 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help and avoid scams
- Local search and rescue team helping in Oklahoma
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Police: 2 caught red-handed in Radnor burlgary
- Box of ammo explodes, injuring man in Del. 19 min ago
- Couple charged in theft of $854K from township
- Prosecutor: Prison can't hold Savage's rage 18 min ago
- NJ ex-priest jailed after working with kids
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- New push to revitalize West Philly's Lancaster Ave.