Pets killed in Montco house fire
LOWER GWYNEDD, Pa. - July 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- Dozens of firefighters in Montgomery County battled an overnight blaze in Lower Gwynedd.
Crews were called out to the 800 block of Wooded Pond Road just before midnight after the homeowners dialed 911 reporting a fire in their basement.
Arriving crews were met with heavy smoke pouring from the home and quickly went to work battling the blaze.
Officials tell Action News the blaze burned through a water pipe causing water to spill into the basement.
Residents of the home were able to escape without injury.
The family's pets, two cats, a bird and a gerbil, were killed in the blaze.
There is no word yet what sparked the incident.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, fire, local/state
- Body found in home of Philadelphia attorney
- Windy And Warmer 5 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Delco girl still awaiting transplant 18-months later
- 1 dead in I-495 crash in Claymont, Delaware
- 7-year-old critically injured in SW Phila. house fire
- NE Phila. couple stabbed at home, son arrested
- Neighbor rescues woman in West Oak Lane fire
- Amber Alert for Pottsville teen canceled
- San Antonio flooding kills 2; hundreds rescued
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris
- Knife-wielding man shot, killed in Oxford Circle
- Start to 1st summer after Sandy at NJ shore
- Windy And Warmer
5 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos