Man killed in tractor-trailer, car collision
NEW CASTLE, Del. - July 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- State police say a man was killed after he turned his car into the path of a tractor-trailer on U.S. 13.
The accident occurred around 4:00 a.m. in the area of Route 13 and Llangollen Boulevard.
The accident occurred around 4 a.m. Sunday in New Castle. Police say 37-year-old William Spencer of New Castle was attempting to make a left turn onto Saienni Boulevard when the tractor-trailer crashed into the passenger side of his car.
Spencer was trapped in his vehicle and was pronounced dead at the scene. The truck driver was not injured.
The crash remains under investigation.
delaware, new castle county, accident, local/state
- Delaware County mail carrier accused of theft
- Rain Moves Out, Cool Winds Blow In
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J.
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Sex offender arrested in Del. child porn bust
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer
- Philadelphia man sentenced in shaken baby death
- 4 men sought in West Philadelphia armed robbery
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- Healthcheck: Dealing with poison ivy