1 dead after minivan plunges into Schuylkill River
GLADWYNE, Pa. - July 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities in Montgomery County say one person is dead after a car plunged into the Schuylkill River in Gladwyne.
At 7:05 a.m., police say park goers noticed a minivan partially submerged in the Schuylkill River just beyond the Flat Rock Park boat ramp.
Rescue crews arrived and were able to remove a woman from the sinking vehicle.
The woman was pronounced dead at the scene.
The mini-van was retrieved from the river.
Officials say the victim is believed to have been the only occupant of the vehicle.
The cause and manner of death are still under investigation.
The identity of the woman, believed to be in her 40s, is being withheld until next of kin can be notified.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, local/state
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking 37 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs 44 min ago
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- 2 suspects wanted in home invasion in Dover 55 min ago
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
37 min ago