1 dead after minivan plunges into Schuylkill River
GLADWYNE, Pa. - July 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities in Montgomery County say one person is dead after a car plunged into the Schuylkill River in Gladwyne.
At 7:05 a.m., police say park goers noticed a minivan partially submerged in the Schuylkill River just beyond the Flat Rock Park boat ramp.
Rescue crews arrived and were able to remove a woman from the sinking vehicle.
The woman was pronounced dead at the scene.
The mini-van was retrieved from the river.
Officials say the victim is believed to have been the only occupant of the vehicle.
The cause and manner of death are still under investigation.
The identity of the woman, believed to be in her 40s, is being withheld until next of kin can be notified.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, local/state
- Faith-healing couple held on $250,000 a piece 7 min ago
- Lots of clouds, damp and cool today 43 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- AC casino manager charged with promoting prostitution
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- 3rd Phila. police-involved shooting in 2 days
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death
- Firing of school official in dog waste incident overturned
- 3 injured in Coatesville industrial accident
- Video: Time lapse of Seaside Heights boardwalk...
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch
- Runways reopen after emergency at Heathrow Airport