Philly priest found unsuitable for ministry
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - July 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Archdiocese of Philadelphia says a priest who was suspended after federal agents seized a computer from his inner-city rectory has been found unsuitable for ministry.
The Rev. Geraldo Pinero had stepped down as pastor of Incarnation of Our Lord parish in north Philadelphia following a November 2010 raid by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents.
The archdiocese cited the raid and said the finding was due to "a substantiated violation of the standards of ministerial behavior and boundaries" but gave no other details.
Forty-seven-year-old Pinero was known as "Father Jerry" in the parish but called himself "Jerry From Philly" online, where he hawked scented candles, life coaching and get-rich-quick ideas
A listed number for Pinero had been disconnected and he could not immediately be reached for comment.
- SEPTA unveils strike plan; union says strike unlikely 20 min ago
- Milder this afternoon, snow likely Monday 8 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL 3 min ago
- Crews battle house fire in Wilmington 22 min ago
- 2-alarm fire breaks out at Holmesburg complex 1 min ago
- Investigator: Missing plane flew over Malaysia 52 min ago
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Truck overturns on Paoli Pike; 1 injury 31 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- Milder this afternoon, snow likely Monday
8 min ago
- SEPTA unveils strike plan; union says...
20 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
3 min ago
- New video released in apparent Pa. road...
19 min ago