Philly priest found unsuitable for ministry
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - July 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Archdiocese of Philadelphia says a priest who was suspended after federal agents seized a computer from his inner-city rectory has been found unsuitable for ministry.
The Rev. Geraldo Pinero had stepped down as pastor of Incarnation of Our Lord parish in north Philadelphia following a November 2010 raid by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents.
The archdiocese cited the raid and said the finding was due to "a substantiated violation of the standards of ministerial behavior and boundaries" but gave no other details.
Forty-seven-year-old Pinero was known as "Father Jerry" in the parish but called himself "Jerry From Philly" online, where he hawked scented candles, life coaching and get-rich-quick ideas
A listed number for Pinero had been disconnected and he could not immediately be reached for comment.
- Cab driver shot outside Hunting Park nightclub 48 min ago
- Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash
- 4 shot outside Delaware nightclub 3 min ago
- More of US expected to see snow, sleet, ice
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks bombing anniversary
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire 46 min ago
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Cab driver shot outside Hunting Park...
48 min ago
- 4 shot outside Delaware nightclub
3 min ago