2 sought in South Phila gunpoint robbery
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - July 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police have released surveillance video of two men wanted in the gunpoint robbery of a woman in South Philadelphia earlier this month.
It was 4:25 p.m. on July 6, 2012 when the 22-year-old victim cashed her check at a check cashing store located at 5th Street and Oregon Avenue. A man approached the woman and asked her for directions to a Baptist church. He then followed the woman to the Dunkin Donuts located at 330 Oregon Avenue.
As the woman left the Dunkin Donuts a second man approached her from behind. That's when the first man pulled out a gun, placed it on her back and demanded her money. He went into her back pocket and took $100 in cash.
Both men then fled on foot toward Oregon Avenue.
The first suspect is described as a black male in his 50s, standing 6'1", weighing 150 pounds, with a bald head, a blue baseball cap, a blue jean jacket, a white T-shirt and brown boots.
The second suspect is a black male with a light complexion and approximately 40 years of age. He stands about 5'3", weighs 180 pounds, with close crop hair, a tan shirt, blue jeans and black sneakers.
If you have any information about these two men you are urged to contact police. To submit a tip via telephone, dial 215.686.TIPS (8477) or text a tip to PPD TIP or 773847.
robbery, south philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing 9 min ago
- Cloudy And Cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- 2 injured in head-on crash along MLK Drive
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey 2 min ago
- Police: Pa. woman served family poison laced burritos
- Police: Boy, 6, kicked by pony on Lancaster Co. farm dies
- Wife hid murdered husband, prosecutors say
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized
- Video: Father, son to graduate college together
- Dozens of home remedies right in your kitchen
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make...
9 min ago