Goose killed by ride at NJ amusement park
JACKSON TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) -July 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- Patrons watched as a goose died after it got pulled between two conveyor belts on a ride at New Jersey's Six Flags Great Adventure amusement park.
Nicole Cora of Southington, Conn., tells the Asbury Park Press operators stopped the belt along the Congo Rapids ride the bird landed Sunday. But the goose wouldn't budge.
Cora says the bird stayed after the belt was restarted. Cora says people watched in horror as the animal struggled beneath the belts.
An amusement park spokeswoman tells the newspaper patrons would have been put at risk if the operator had used an emergency stop. The ride's boats would have been quickly sent to a reservoir and patrons would have been evacuated by rope.
The spokeswoman says the staff was saddened by the loss.
amusement parks, animals, new jersey, local/state
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police