Goose killed by ride at NJ amusement park
JACKSON TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) -July 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- Patrons watched as a goose died after it got pulled between two conveyor belts on a ride at New Jersey's Six Flags Great Adventure amusement park.
Nicole Cora of Southington, Conn., tells the Asbury Park Press operators stopped the belt along the Congo Rapids ride the bird landed Sunday. But the goose wouldn't budge.
Cora says the bird stayed after the belt was restarted. Cora says people watched in horror as the animal struggled beneath the belts.
An amusement park spokeswoman tells the newspaper patrons would have been put at risk if the operator had used an emergency stop. The ride's boats would have been quickly sent to a reservoir and patrons would have been evacuated by rope.
The spokeswoman says the staff was saddened by the loss.
amusement parks, animals, new jersey, local/state
- Disabled veteran robbed, beaten in home invasion 7 min ago
- Mostly cloudy, humid today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 51-year-old man shot and killed in Kensington 18 min ago
- 1 person burned in fast-moving house fire 19 min ago
- Search for missing college student from Collegeville
- Tornadoes level homes in Oklahoma, hit other states
- 2 alarm apartment fire in Washington Township
- Tracking down criminals with family DNA testing
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in NJ Turnpike chase
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- Teen killed over iPad, 2 suspects arrested
- 2 FBI agents killed in training accident in Virginia
- Disabled veteran robbed, beaten in home...
7 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos