Goose killed by ride at NJ amusement park
JACKSON TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) -July 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- Patrons watched as a goose died after it got pulled between two conveyor belts on a ride at New Jersey's Six Flags Great Adventure amusement park.
Nicole Cora of Southington, Conn., tells the Asbury Park Press operators stopped the belt along the Congo Rapids ride the bird landed Sunday. But the goose wouldn't budge.
Cora says the bird stayed after the belt was restarted. Cora says people watched in horror as the animal struggled beneath the belts.
An amusement park spokeswoman tells the newspaper patrons would have been put at risk if the operator had used an emergency stop. The ride's boats would have been quickly sent to a reservoir and patrons would have been evacuated by rope.
The spokeswoman says the staff was saddened by the loss.
amusement parks, animals, new jersey, local/state
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured 56 min ago
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk 42 min ago
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
- London theater partially collapses; 80...
56 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos