Police: 6-foot tall pot plants grown in garden
LEIPSIC, Del. - July 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police say five people have been arrested after marijuana was found growing in a garden outside a home in Kent County.
The marijuana was apparently being grown out in the open with no attempt to hide it.
The Delaware State Police Kent County Governor's Task Force (GTF) said it was notified of the marijuana plants growing in the unit block of South West Street in Leipsic.
When officers went to investigate on Thursday afternoon, they said the marijuana was clearly visible from the roadway.
They allegedly found four plants, approximately six to eight feet high and weighing a total of eight pounds.
Police say it was determined that the residence was owned by 44-year-old Tony Mozick Sr. who was taken into custody near the house.
Tony Mozick Jr., 22, was taken into custody after he was located at another residence on Denny Street in Leipsic where he was residing with 18-year-old Jeremy Delinois, 18-year-old Louis J. Bourdon, and a 17 year old female.
Police say detectives were given permission to search the house and located an additional marijuana plant weighing approximately 15 grams, two 12 gauge shotguns, and various drug paraphernalia.
All four adults were charged with a number of drug violations. They were released on unsecured bonds after being arraigned.
The 17-year-old female was released to a family member on a criminal summons.
delaware, kent county, drugs, marijuana, local/state
- Actor James Gandolfini dies at 51
- Splendid spring finale
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Boy, 6, hit by car in East Oak Lane
- Villanova lockdown over, all suspects in custody
- Pregnant woman, 2 others shot in N. Phila.
- Back yard bear prompts photos, videos
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman Zimmer
- 20 people charged in Ocean Co. heroin raids
- 15 charged in NJ unemployment fraud case
- AMA declares obesity a disease [POLL]
- Video: Phila. choir shares stage with Rolling Stones
- Desmond's slam leads Nats over Phillies