Police: $10 million in drugs seized in Bensalem
BENSALEM, Pa. - July 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police in Bensalem, Pa. say a traffic stop led to the seizure of $10 million in drugs.
It was around 6:45 p.m. on Sunday when officers, conducting surveillance detail in the area of State Road and American Drive, noticed a suspicious tractor trailer.
A few minutes later, the officers said they saw two men, who were "acting very suspicious," get in the truck.
The truck was stopped in the 3700 block of Street Road for a traffic violation and placed out-of-service for safety violations.
During an inspection, a police K-9 gave a positive indication for drugs. During a search, police said they found 15 kilograms of heroin and 20 pounds of methamphetamine.
The driver, 35-year-old Estaban Zalazar Velasco of Galt, California and his passenger, 48 Juan Ledesma-Nolasco of Livermore, California were arrested.
Both were arraigned and ordered to be held on $1 million bail.
pennsylvania, bucks county, bensalem, drugs, local/state
- 2 million dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del. 5 min ago
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem 47 min ago
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- 3 injured in car crash in Pennsauken
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment
- Man shot several times in stomach in Chester 34 min ago
- Police: Job applicant stole from tip jar 40 min ago
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor