Police: Del. man tried to rob Amish couple
HARTLY, Del. - July 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police say a Smyrna man has tried to rob an Amish couple.
Troopers say 45-year-old Mark A. Carter pulled his car in front of the couple's horse and buggy about 12:20 p.m. Sunday, forcing it to stop. Authorities say Carter got out of the car, went to the couple armed with a handgun, and demanded money.
Police say the couple had no money, and Carter got back into his car and fled. The couple got his license plate number and a traffic stop led to Carter's arrest.
Carter is charged with attempted robbery and other offenses. He is being held on $123,100 cash bond.
delaware, robbery, local/state
- Police: Missing boy struck by car
- Temps soar above normal
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- No cheer uniforms for North Philadelphia Aztec squad
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- Stolen cobalt-60 found abandoned in Mexico
- Report: NSA tracks billions of cellphones daily
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- Photos: 6abc at Q102 Jingle Ball 2013
- Video: 20th annual Phila. holiday tree lighting