Police: NJ man posed as officer on A.C. Expressway
HAMMONTON, N.J. - July 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- New Jersey State Police have arrested a man they say was posing as a police officer while driving on the Atlantic City Expressway.
Kenneth DiLuigi, 53, of Sewell, N.J. was arrested Monday at his Gloucester County home.
Authorities say on June 20, DiLuigi was behind the wheel of his Green Ford Crown Victoria, which is equipped with emergency lights, when he tried to pull over several motorists on the Atlantic City Expressway.
Police say witnesses told them the Crown Victoria looked like a police car, and that the driver was forcing cars out of their lanes, trying to get the drivers to pull over.
DiLuigi has been charged with impersonating a police officer. He is being held at the Gloucester County jail in lieu of $10,000 bail.
Police have also impounded his vehicle.
new jersey, police impersonator, gloucester county, local/state
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect 8 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days 25 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet 52 min ago
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
8 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
25 min ago