Taser wielding man wanted for Olney robbery
OLNEY - July 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- A surveillance camera captured video of a man wanted for allegedly using a Taser to rob an unsuspecting woman last week in Philadelphia's Olney section.
Investigators say it was 11:07 a.m. on July 13, 2012 when the victim parked her car on the 500 block of Ruscomb Street on her way to a nearby store. She exited her vehicle and on her walk to the store a man approached her and placed a Taser to her neck.
The victim turned and that's when the suspect grabbed woman's bag. Inside the bag was $1,000 in cash, jewelry, a wallet with the victim's identification and credit cards, and a Sony personal PlayStation.
The suspect fled and a witness tells police he saw the man enter a green vehicle, possibly a Toyota Camry, and flee south on Fairhill Street.
The suspect is described as a black male, approximately 30 years of age, medium build, medium complexion, full beard, and wearing a gray shirt and blue jeans.
If you recognize the man you are urged to contact police. To submit a tip via telephone, dial 215-686-TIPS (8477) or text a tip to PPD TIP or 773847.
olney, philadelphia, robbery, taser, local/state
- Photos: Recent prostitution arrests in Philadelphia 12 min ago
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Vice principal commits suicide after ferry accident
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter 4 min ago
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist 2 min ago
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Video: Hero twins yell, hit carjacker to escape