2 charged in Devon prostitution case
DEVON, Pa. - July 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- Two people from Oregon have been charged in a prostitution case in Chester County.
The arrests came after police were called to 700 block of Lancaster Avenue in the Devon section of Tredyffrin Township around 4:00 p.m. on Friday for a report of two suspicious people.
Patrol officers stopped an unidentified person who admitted to using the sexual services of a prostitute in an encounter that was allegedly arranged on the internet.
Police say a female suspect was later identified as 24-year-old Jacquelyn Stahley of Portland, Oregon.
As the investigation continued, police say 29-year-old Jamaal Lambert, also of Portland, Oregon, was arrested on related charges and possession of a controlled substance.
Both Stahley and Lambert were arraigned and ordered to be held on $15,000 cash bail.
A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Wednesday.
Police did not disclose if the person who admitted to using the services of a prostitute will be charged.
pennsylvania, chester county, prostitution, local/state
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting 31 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Serial burglar strikes South Phila. businesses
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Police release surveillance of Target heist
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Video: Video gamer is the victim of SWATting hoax
- Video: Dying dog in Canada has bucket list
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting
31 min ago
- Fire damages corner store in North Phila.
34 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos