2 charged in Devon prostitution case
DEVON, Pa. - July 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- Two people from Oregon have been charged in a prostitution case in Chester County.
The arrests came after police were called to 700 block of Lancaster Avenue in the Devon section of Tredyffrin Township around 4:00 p.m. on Friday for a report of two suspicious people.
Patrol officers stopped an unidentified person who admitted to using the sexual services of a prostitute in an encounter that was allegedly arranged on the internet.
Police say a female suspect was later identified as 24-year-old Jacquelyn Stahley of Portland, Oregon.
As the investigation continued, police say 29-year-old Jamaal Lambert, also of Portland, Oregon, was arrested on related charges and possession of a controlled substance.
Both Stahley and Lambert were arraigned and ordered to be held on $15,000 cash bail.
A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Wednesday.
Police did not disclose if the person who admitted to using the services of a prostitute will be charged.
pennsylvania, chester county, prostitution, local/state
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest 36 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight 2 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting 8 min ago
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough apartment 27 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear 57 min ago
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital 59 min ago
- Police: Elderly man targeted in Chester home invasion 39 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Warminster 49 min ago
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- Frost Advisory Overnight
2 min ago
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
36 min ago
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough...
27 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
57 min ago