2 charged in Devon prostitution case
DEVON, Pa. - July 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- Two people from Oregon have been charged in a prostitution case in Chester County.
The arrests came after police were called to 700 block of Lancaster Avenue in the Devon section of Tredyffrin Township around 4:00 p.m. on Friday for a report of two suspicious people.
Patrol officers stopped an unidentified person who admitted to using the sexual services of a prostitute in an encounter that was allegedly arranged on the internet.
Police say a female suspect was later identified as 24-year-old Jacquelyn Stahley of Portland, Oregon.
As the investigation continued, police say 29-year-old Jamaal Lambert, also of Portland, Oregon, was arrested on related charges and possession of a controlled substance.
Both Stahley and Lambert were arraigned and ordered to be held on $15,000 cash bail.
A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Wednesday.
Police did not disclose if the person who admitted to using the services of a prostitute will be charged.
pennsylvania, chester county, prostitution, local/state
- Screaming man attacks police station, cars 27 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of smashed police car, station... 53 min ago
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases 9 min ago
- Video: Would-be firebomber sets self on fire