2 charged in Devon prostitution case
DEVON, Pa. - July 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- Two people from Oregon have been charged in a prostitution case in Chester County.
The arrests came after police were called to 700 block of Lancaster Avenue in the Devon section of Tredyffrin Township around 4:00 p.m. on Friday for a report of two suspicious people.
Patrol officers stopped an unidentified person who admitted to using the sexual services of a prostitute in an encounter that was allegedly arranged on the internet.
Police say a female suspect was later identified as 24-year-old Jacquelyn Stahley of Portland, Oregon.
As the investigation continued, police say 29-year-old Jamaal Lambert, also of Portland, Oregon, was arrested on related charges and possession of a controlled substance.
Both Stahley and Lambert were arraigned and ordered to be held on $15,000 cash bail.
A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Wednesday.
Police did not disclose if the person who admitted to using the services of a prostitute will be charged.
pennsylvania, chester county, prostitution, local/state
- Robbery suspect sought, Villanova U. locked down 29 min ago
- Splendid spring finale 45 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Viewer takes photos of bear in back yard
- Suspect shot by police in Carneys Point ID'd 2 min ago
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman Zimmer
- 20 people charged in Ocean Co. heroin raids
- 15 charged in NJ unemployment fraud case
- Father, son 'pimps' acquitted after prostitutes testify
- Suspect robs Philadelphia Dunkin' Donuts at gunpoint
- Deen says she used slur but doesn't tolerate hate 37 min ago
- Philly deputy mayor: City not liable for demo sites
- AMA declares obesity a disease [POLL] 6 min ago
- Suspect shot by police in Carneys Point ID'd
2 min ago