2 charged in Devon prostitution case
DEVON, Pa. - July 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- Two people from Oregon have been charged in a prostitution case in Chester County.
The arrests came after police were called to 700 block of Lancaster Avenue in the Devon section of Tredyffrin Township around 4:00 p.m. on Friday for a report of two suspicious people.
Patrol officers stopped an unidentified person who admitted to using the sexual services of a prostitute in an encounter that was allegedly arranged on the internet.
Police say a female suspect was later identified as 24-year-old Jacquelyn Stahley of Portland, Oregon.
As the investigation continued, police say 29-year-old Jamaal Lambert, also of Portland, Oregon, was arrested on related charges and possession of a controlled substance.
Both Stahley and Lambert were arraigned and ordered to be held on $15,000 cash bail.
A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Wednesday.
Police did not disclose if the person who admitted to using the services of a prostitute will be charged.
pennsylvania, chester county, prostitution, local/state
- Snow today, heavy at times 6 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm 20 min ago
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- Video: David Henry on snow at Rittenhouse Sq. 15 min ago
- Video: Nora Muchanic on snow in Trenton 24 min ago
- Video: John Rawlins on snow in Norristown 46 min ago
- Gunman fires shots through window, teens wounded
- Heavy flames damage Southwest Philadelphia house
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition
- Snow today, heavy at times
6 min ago
- David Henry on snow at Rittenhouse Sq.
15 min ago
- Nora Muchanic on snow in Trenton
24 min ago
- John Rawlins on snow in Norristown
46 min ago