4 women hurt, 1 trapped in Atlantic County, NJ crash
BUENA VISTA TWP., N.J. - July 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- Emergency crews worked for nearly 90 minutes to free one of four women hurt in a crash in Buena Vista Township, N.J.
The accident happened at 3:30 p.m. Tuesday near Route 54 and Jackson Road.
Police say it appears one vehicle crossed the center line and collided with another.
Police tell Action News three women were in the first vehicle and that all suffered injuries.
Two of the women were airlifted right away to area hospitals. A third, the driver, was trapped in the vehicle for about an hour and a half.
The woman was reportedly alert and conscious as crews worked to free her. She was finally freed and airlifted to a nearby hospital.
There was no immediate word on any of the women's conditions.
Authorities say the female driver of other vehicle was taken to the hospital to be checked out.
Her injuries were not believed to be life-threatening.
new jersey, accident, atlantic county, local/state
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot suspect 58 min ago
- A Nice Stretch
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- 10-year-old Wilmington boy reported missing 7 min ago
- Mourning NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
- Maple syrup used to vandalize Pottstown church 10 min ago
- Award-winning journalist Michael Hastings dies 19 min ago
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Car carrier crashes into bridge in Whitemarsh Twp. 57 min ago
- Storms bring floods to the Jersey shore
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Death investigation leads police to home of Patriots TE 45 min ago
- James, Heat push NBA Finals to Game 7 39 min ago
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot...
58 min ago
- Car carrier crashes into bridge in...
57 min ago
- Maple syrup used to vandalize Pottstown...
10 min ago
- Award-winning journalist Michael Hastings...
19 min ago