4 women hurt, 1 trapped in Atlantic County, NJ crash
BUENA VISTA TWP., N.J. - July 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- Emergency crews worked for nearly 90 minutes to free one of four women hurt in a crash in Buena Vista Township, N.J.
The accident happened at 3:30 p.m. Tuesday near Route 54 and Jackson Road.
Police say it appears one vehicle crossed the center line and collided with another.
Police tell Action News three women were in the first vehicle and that all suffered injuries.
Two of the women were airlifted right away to area hospitals. A third, the driver, was trapped in the vehicle for about an hour and a half.
The woman was reportedly alert and conscious as crews worked to free her. She was finally freed and airlifted to a nearby hospital.
There was no immediate word on any of the women's conditions.
Authorities say the female driver of other vehicle was taken to the hospital to be checked out.
Her injuries were not believed to be life-threatening.
new jersey, accident, atlantic county, local/state
- Snow/ Sleet Arriving
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Wintry weather forecast maps
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- PennDOT preps begin ahead of wintry mix
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI
- Body found in Logan tire fire
- $10K reward in murder of Chester gas station owner
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Mandela
- Suspects sought in Glenside carjacking, abduction
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist
- NJ officers play Santa for 'Shop with a Cop'