4 women hurt, 1 trapped in Atlantic County, NJ crash
BUENA VISTA TWP., N.J. - July 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- Emergency crews worked for nearly 90 minutes to free one of four women hurt in a crash in Buena Vista Township, N.J.
The accident happened at 3:30 p.m. Tuesday near Route 54 and Jackson Road.
Police say it appears one vehicle crossed the center line and collided with another.
Police tell Action News three women were in the first vehicle and that all suffered injuries.
Two of the women were airlifted right away to area hospitals. A third, the driver, was trapped in the vehicle for about an hour and a half.
The woman was reportedly alert and conscious as crews worked to free her. She was finally freed and airlifted to a nearby hospital.
There was no immediate word on any of the women's conditions.
Authorities say the female driver of other vehicle was taken to the hospital to be checked out.
Her injuries were not believed to be life-threatening.
new jersey, accident, atlantic county, local/state
- China: Vietnam detects signals from missing plane 4 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos