4 women hurt, 1 trapped in Atlantic County, NJ crash
BUENA VISTA TWP., N.J. - July 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- Emergency crews worked for nearly 90 minutes to free one of four women hurt in a crash in Buena Vista Township, N.J.
The accident happened at 3:30 p.m. Tuesday near Route 54 and Jackson Road.
Police say it appears one vehicle crossed the center line and collided with another.
Police tell Action News three women were in the first vehicle and that all suffered injuries.
Two of the women were airlifted right away to area hospitals. A third, the driver, was trapped in the vehicle for about an hour and a half.
The woman was reportedly alert and conscious as crews worked to free her. She was finally freed and airlifted to a nearby hospital.
There was no immediate word on any of the women's conditions.
Authorities say the female driver of other vehicle was taken to the hospital to be checked out.
Her injuries were not believed to be life-threatening.
new jersey, accident, atlantic county, local/state
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lots of sun, chilly today 5 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp. 29 min ago
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly
- Flames spread through house in Egg Harbor 8 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Video: Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game 24 min ago
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
29 min ago
- Flames spread through house in Egg Harbor
8 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos