NJ boy dies from injuries in sand tunnel collapse
LONG BRANCH, N.J. (AP) - July 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a 12-year-old boy has died from injuries suffered when a massive sand tunnel he was building at a New Jersey beach collapsed on him.
Long Branch police tell the Asbury Park Press (http://on.app.com/SHMw7m ) the boy died early Wednesday afternoon, one day after the accident.
The boy, identified only as an Ocean Township resident, was building the tunnel with his younger brother when it collapsed around 3:20 p.m. Tuesday.
The boy's mother was nearby when the collapse occurred and called 911. Emergency responders dug out the unconscious child and performed CPR on him.
Information from: Asbury Park Press, http://www.app.com
new jersey, local/state
- Search for missing college student from Collegeville
- Stray Shower, Patchy Fog Tonight
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Tornadoes level homes in Oklahoma, hit other states 3 min ago
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in NJ Turnpike chase
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- Teen killed over iPad, 2 suspects arrested
- 2 FBI agents killed in training accident in Virginia
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash
- Phillies rally for 3-2 win over Reds 39 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos