Police pursuit ends in fiery crash in Glenolden
GLENOLDEN, Pa. - July 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- A police pursuit ended in an accident, resulting in a car fire at McDade Boulevard and South Avenue in Glenolden, Delaware County Wednesday morning.
Reports from the scene indicate police were chasing a green Subaru with Delaware tags and opened fire on the vehicle in an attempt to shoot out the tires. The fleeing vehicle then struck a work truck.
The driver of the Subaru, said to be a woman in her 40s, was transported from the scene. The driver of that truck was treated for non-life threatening injuries.
There are no details on why police were pursuing the Subaru or where the chase started.
Stay with Action News and 6abc.com as more information becomes available.
accident, delaware county, pennsylvania, police chase, fire, local/state
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish 1 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies 57 min ago
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire 44 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting 14 min ago
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Penn State student dies in jump from garage
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's...
1 min ago