Police search for gunman in Delco shooting
DARBY TOWNSHIP, Pa. - July 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are looking for the gunman who shot a man in Delalware County late Tuesday night.
Choppr 6 HD flew over the1400 block of Clifton Avenue where a gunman opened fire and shot one person.
Police say the shooting happened just before 11:00 p.m in Darby Township.A gunman opened fire striking one person.
According to officials, the victim suffered severe injuries and has not been identified.
Police believe the gunman drove off as they continue to search for a motive.darby township officials on the scene of a shooting. Chopper six over the 14-hundred block of clifton avenue. there around 10:40pm, someone opened fire along the block, striking one person...that person, no description is on the scene awaiting medical attention. Medics have been instructed to step it up due to the severity of the injuries sustained by the victim. The suspected shooter is believed to have fled the scene in a vehicle. No word on a motive for the shooting.
shooting, darby, delaware county, pennsylvania, local/state
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures