Crews, looking for teen, find body in Delaware River
FRENCHTOWN, N.J. - July 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- Rescuers have located a body in the general area where a teen disappeared Wednesday while tubing on the Delaware River in northwestern New Jersey.
Hunterdon County Prosecutor Anthony P. Kearns, III, says divers found the body around 1:30 p.m. Thursday in eight feet of water.
Kearns says the recovered body had clothing that matches the description of the missing 16-year-old.
The teen was with two 13-year-old boys and three adult counselors from the Marlton Family Guidance Center, when he became separated from his tube. He was attempting to swim upstream to retrieve it when he went underwater.
Police say none in the party had a flotation device on.
Kearns says a counselor waived down a bicyclist to call 911.
pennsylvania, missing person, teens, new jersey, bucks county, local/state
- Search for missing college student from Collegeville
- Stray Shower, Patchy Fog Tonight 23 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in NJ Turnpike chase 58 min ago
- Tornadoes hit Kansas, Oklahoma; no injuries reported 20 min ago
- Teen killed over iPad in Las Vegas, 2 suspects arrested 59 min ago
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash
- Phillies rally for 3-2 over Reds
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list