NJ couple wins $21.5 million in lottery
TRENTON, N.J. - July 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Garden State has a couple of new millionaires!
Robert and Amelia Talerico of Holmdel, Monmouth County won $21.5 million in the June 25th Pick 6 game.
They came forward during a news conference on Wednesday.
The Talericos said they knew they had the winning ticket immediately, but wanted to consult with their financial advisor before coming forward.
Robert is an electrical engineer, owns his own business and said he still plans on working.
"It's going to give us a lot of security, but I am going to continue to work and do the same thing that I've done. But, it's a lot easier to work now," he said.
The $21.5 million jackpot is the fifth largest in New Jersey's Pick-6 history.
new jersey, monmouth county, lottery, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases