Acting Trenton mayor takes helm amid FBI probe
TRENTON, N.J. (AP) -July 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- A recently appointed business administrator of New Jersey's capital city has taken the helm at City Hall amid an FBI investigation of the mayor.
Employees at Trenton City Hall said Friday that Sam Hutchinson is serving as acting mayor of the city of 85,000 residents in place of Tony Mack.
Mack on Thursday sent a letter to the city clerk designating Hutchinson as acting mayor when he's unavailable. City employees can't provide information about Mack's whereabouts.
FBI agents raided City Hall on Thursday, a day after searching the homes of Mack, his brother and a campaign donor.
Mack's two years in office have been marked by accusations of cronyism and mismanagement. The Democrat's only public comment has been to say he has not violated the public trust.
raid, trenton, new jersey, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases