Acting Trenton mayor takes helm amid FBI probe
TRENTON, N.J. (AP) -July 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- A recently appointed business administrator of New Jersey's capital city has taken the helm at City Hall amid an FBI investigation of the mayor.
Employees at Trenton City Hall said Friday that Sam Hutchinson is serving as acting mayor of the city of 85,000 residents in place of Tony Mack.
Mack on Thursday sent a letter to the city clerk designating Hutchinson as acting mayor when he's unavailable. City employees can't provide information about Mack's whereabouts.
FBI agents raided City Hall on Thursday, a day after searching the homes of Mack, his brother and a campaign donor.
Mack's two years in office have been marked by accusations of cronyism and mismanagement. The Democrat's only public comment has been to say he has not violated the public trust.
raid, trenton, new jersey, local/state
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate 1 min ago
- Breezy And Mild!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc. 56 min ago
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance...
1 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos