Acting Trenton mayor takes helm amid FBI probe
TRENTON, N.J. (AP) -July 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- A recently appointed business administrator of New Jersey's capital city has taken the helm at City Hall amid an FBI investigation of the mayor.
Employees at Trenton City Hall said Friday that Sam Hutchinson is serving as acting mayor of the city of 85,000 residents in place of Tony Mack.
Mack on Thursday sent a letter to the city clerk designating Hutchinson as acting mayor when he's unavailable. City employees can't provide information about Mack's whereabouts.
FBI agents raided City Hall on Thursday, a day after searching the homes of Mack, his brother and a campaign donor.
Mack's two years in office have been marked by accusations of cronyism and mismanagement. The Democrat's only public comment has been to say he has not violated the public trust.
raid, trenton, new jersey, local/state
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash 16 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Gov. Christie signs immigrant tuition bill
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Temps Soar
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle...
16 min ago