Police: NJ boy, 13, caught speeding from cops
ABERDEEN, N.J. (AP) - July 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say a 13-year-old crashed a car after speeding away from police in Monmouth County's Bayshore region.
The boy is charged with eluding and has been ticketed for being an unlicensed driver, operating a vehicle without the owner's consent, reckless driving, driving without headlights and failing to observe a red signal.
Aberdeen Township Police Chief John Powers tells the Asbury Park Press police tried to stop the boy after he pulled out of a parking lot with the headlights off around 11:45 p.m. Thursday.
Powers says the teen crashed his father's car into a tree.
The boy's name has not been released because of his age.
Information from: Asbury Park Press
new jersey, monmouth county, teens, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 33 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air 28 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects 48 min ago
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar
- Wynnewood community mourns college student's death
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 56 min ago
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley 43 min ago
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship 33 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
33 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
28 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
48 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos