Police seek suspect in ID theft
PHILADELPHIA - July 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are searching for an ID thief with a heavy shopping habit.
Investigators say their suspect opened several debit cards using another man's financial information.
He went on to drain the victim's bank account of $73,000 in just two months.
Police say those transactions were conducted at major retailers such as Walmart, Target, Home Depot, Office Max and the United States Postal Service between April 3, 2012 to June 8, 2012.
Anyone with more information on the suspect is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215.686.TIPS (8477) or through phillypolice.com.
philadelphia, identity theft, local/state
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd 36 min ago
- Easter Sunshine Sunday 40 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing
- Woman's body found in Berks County
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- It's a boy - again for Jamie Apody! 28 min ago
- NJ woman: Dog and TV stolen on 1st date
- Prescription drug ring busted at Aria-Torresdale Hospital
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
22 min ago