Police seek suspect in ID theft
PHILADELPHIA - July 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are searching for an ID thief with a heavy shopping habit.
Investigators say their suspect opened several debit cards using another man's financial information.
He went on to drain the victim's bank account of $73,000 in just two months.
Police say those transactions were conducted at major retailers such as Walmart, Target, Home Depot, Office Max and the United States Postal Service between April 3, 2012 to June 8, 2012.
Anyone with more information on the suspect is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215.686.TIPS (8477) or through phillypolice.com.
philadelphia, identity theft, local/state
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Volleyball coach accused sex with student 3 min ago
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd 20 min ago
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Temps Soar