Police seek suspect in ID theft
PHILADELPHIA - July 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are searching for an ID thief with a heavy shopping habit.
Investigators say their suspect opened several debit cards using another man's financial information.
He went on to drain the victim's bank account of $73,000 in just two months.
Police say those transactions were conducted at major retailers such as Walmart, Target, Home Depot, Office Max and the United States Postal Service between April 3, 2012 to June 8, 2012.
Anyone with more information on the suspect is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215.686.TIPS (8477) or through phillypolice.com.
philadelphia, identity theft, local/state
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Brief Surge of Mild Air 41 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat 10 min ago
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar 17 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute 14 min ago
- Wynnewood community mourns college student's death 21 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 5 min ago
- Man arrested after Phila. police crash, chase ID'd
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley 5 min ago
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty 16 min ago
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos