Motorcyclist critical after University City crash
UNIVERSITY CITY - July 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- A motorcyclist was critically injured when his bike collided with a car in University City.
It happened shortly after 3:30 Friday afternoon along University Avenue and Civic Center Boulevard.
The exact details of the crash are unclear but police say the biker was rushed to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania in critical condition. He was wearing a helmet at the time of the crash.
No one inside the vehicle was injured.
The accident left the area closed for more than two hours as investigators cleared the scene.
An investigation remains underway.
philadelphia, university city, motorcycles, accident, local/state
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police