2 kids struck by vehicle in Gloucester County
HARRISON TWP., N.J. - July 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police in Gloucester County are investigating an accident that injured two children Saturday afternoon.
Harrison Township police were called to an accident at the intersection of Cedar and Breakneck roads at 12:40 p.m.
Police say two boys, a 7-year-old and 11-year-old, were attempting to cross Cedar Road to the adjacent baseball fields.
Numerous witnesses tell police the children darted out from behind a vehicle that was stopped in the southbound lane of Cedar Road and were struck by a 2003 Ford van that was traveling northbound on Cedar and operated by Alexis Diaz-Delgado of Bronx, NY.
The 7-year-old from Pitman, NJ suffered facial, arm and leg injuries. He was transported to Cooper University Hospital by helicopter.
The 11-year-old of Mullica Hill was also taken to Cooper via ambulance for treatment of a head injury.
The investigation continues.
new jersey, gloucester county, accident, local/state
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook 21 min ago
- Foggy, cloudy, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Missing Phila. boy hit by car in Upper Darby
- Police officer's SUV stolen with gun, badge 57 min ago
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- No jackets for North Philadelphia cheer squad
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- Video: Topless woman chases peeper from Kohl's
- Video: First dog knocks down toddler at White House