2 kids struck by vehicle in Gloucester County
HARRISON TWP., N.J. - July 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police in Gloucester County are investigating an accident that injured two children Saturday afternoon.
Harrison Township police were called to an accident at the intersection of Cedar and Breakneck roads at 12:40 p.m.
Police say two boys, a 7-year-old and 11-year-old, were attempting to cross Cedar Road to the adjacent baseball fields.
Numerous witnesses tell police the children darted out from behind a vehicle that was stopped in the southbound lane of Cedar Road and were struck by a 2003 Ford van that was traveling northbound on Cedar and operated by Alexis Diaz-Delgado of Bronx, NY.
The 7-year-old from Pitman, NJ suffered facial, arm and leg injuries. He was transported to Cooper University Hospital by helicopter.
The 11-year-old of Mullica Hill was also taken to Cooper via ambulance for treatment of a head injury.
The investigation continues.
new jersey, gloucester county, accident, local/state
- Bicyclist impaled on fence in Fairmount Park
- Another Beauty
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Actor James Gandolfini dies in Italy at age 51 17 min ago
- Shots fired at man sitting on steps in Point Breeze
- Water main break buckles road in South Philly
- Villanova lockdown over, all suspects in custody
- Boy, 6, hit by car in East Oak Lane
- Photos: Pictures of bear sightings in the area
- Pregnant woman, 2 others shot in N. Phila.
- 20 people charged in Ocean Co. heroin raids
- 15 charged in NJ unemployment fraud case
- Video: Phila. choir shares stage with Rolling Stones
- Actor James Gandolfini dies in Italy at age...
17 min ago
- NJ Gov. Christie is still a Dallas Cowboys...
10 min ago
- Sofitel Philadelphia's garden on the rooftop
12 min ago