Police: 79-year-old shot and killed in Pemberton home
PEMBERTON TWP., N.J. - July 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police in Burlington County are investigating the shooting death of an elderly man.
Authorities say 79-year-old Valpa C. Rosa Sr. was shot and killed inside his Pemberton Township home.
Officers were called to the home at 129 Margaret Street at approximately 8:45 a.m. Saturday.
Upon arrival, officers found the homeowner dead from gunshot wounds to the neck and head.
Investigators are working to determine when Rosa was shot.
Police say a firearm was recovered inside the home that is believed to be the one used to kill Rosa.
No arrests have been made.
Detectives from the Pemberton Township Police Department and the Burlington County Prosecutor's Office Major Crimes Unit are conducting the investigation.
An autopsy will be performed by Burlington County Medical Examiner.
new jersey, burlington county, homicide, shooting, local/state
- Photos: Recent prostitution arrests in Philadelphia
- Clouds to sun, cool today 33 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Vice principal commits suicide after ferry accident 40 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter 48 min ago
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist 51 min ago
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Video: Hero twins yell, hit carjacker to escape
- Driver killed in collision with taxi cab in...
44 min ago
- Firefighters battle 3-alarm blaze in...
41 min ago