Police: 79-year-old shot and killed in Pemberton home
PEMBERTON TWP., N.J. - July 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police in Burlington County are investigating the shooting death of an elderly man.
Authorities say 79-year-old Valpa C. Rosa Sr. was shot and killed inside his Pemberton Township home.
Officers were called to the home at 129 Margaret Street at approximately 8:45 a.m. Saturday.
Upon arrival, officers found the homeowner dead from gunshot wounds to the neck and head.
Investigators are working to determine when Rosa was shot.
Police say a firearm was recovered inside the home that is believed to be the one used to kill Rosa.
No arrests have been made.
Detectives from the Pemberton Township Police Department and the Burlington County Prosecutor's Office Major Crimes Unit are conducting the investigation.
An autopsy will be performed by Burlington County Medical Examiner.
new jersey, burlington county, homicide, shooting, local/state
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall 51 min ago
- Warm and humid, 80s again today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Man gunned down at water ice stand
- Bicyclist shoots man in face in SW Philadelphia 21 min ago
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Bar fight ends with 2 shot in SW Philadelphia 59 min ago
- Man shot in the head in Camden; suspect sought 57 min ago
- Okla. residents come home to pick up the pieces 2 min ago
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help and avoid scams
- Chesco man killed longtime girlfriend, police say
- Sleep monitors promise a better night's sleep
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc