Police: 79-year-old shot and killed in Pemberton home
PEMBERTON TWP., N.J. - July 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police in Burlington County are investigating the shooting death of an elderly man.
Authorities say 79-year-old Valpa C. Rosa Sr. was shot and killed inside his Pemberton Township home.
Officers were called to the home at 129 Margaret Street at approximately 8:45 a.m. Saturday.
Upon arrival, officers found the homeowner dead from gunshot wounds to the neck and head.
Investigators are working to determine when Rosa was shot.
Police say a firearm was recovered inside the home that is believed to be the one used to kill Rosa.
No arrests have been made.
Detectives from the Pemberton Township Police Department and the Burlington County Prosecutor's Office Major Crimes Unit are conducting the investigation.
An autopsy will be performed by Burlington County Medical Examiner.
new jersey, burlington county, homicide, shooting, local/state
- Snow/ Sleet Arriving
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Photos: Wintry weather forecast maps
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI
- Body found in Logan tire fire
- $10K reward in murder of Chester gas station owner
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Mandela
- Suspects sought in Glenside carjacking, abduction
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist
- NJ officers play Santa for 'Shop with a Cop'
- Susan Boyle says Asperger's diagnosis was a relief 42 min ago