Police: 79-year-old shot and killed in Pemberton home
PEMBERTON TWP., N.J. - July 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police in Burlington County are investigating the shooting death of an elderly man.
Authorities say 79-year-old Valpa C. Rosa Sr. was shot and killed inside his Pemberton Township home.
Officers were called to the home at 129 Margaret Street at approximately 8:45 a.m. Saturday.
Upon arrival, officers found the homeowner dead from gunshot wounds to the neck and head.
Investigators are working to determine when Rosa was shot.
Police say a firearm was recovered inside the home that is believed to be the one used to kill Rosa.
No arrests have been made.
Detectives from the Pemberton Township Police Department and the Burlington County Prosecutor's Office Major Crimes Unit are conducting the investigation.
An autopsy will be performed by Burlington County Medical Examiner.
new jersey, burlington county, homicide, shooting, local/state
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Snow will turn the ground white again! 6 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession 24 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
6 min ago