Crimefighters: Reward offered in 2010 Brewerytown homicide
PHILADELPHIA - July 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Philadelphia mother is still searching for closure, more than two years after her son's murder.
Vonda Bowser says her son's spirit is still alive in her 19-month-old grandson.
Her son, Linwood, never got to meet him.
On Sunday May 2, 2010, Linwood was with some friends outside his mother's home on the 2700 block of west Jefferson Street in Philadelphia's Brewerytown section.
At 12:45 a.m. shots rang out, and a friend yelled to Vonda that her son had been hit.
He was pronounced dead a short time later.
"This pain is very surreal. It's so hard to get up in the morning. It's so hard living another day knowing that you're not going to see your son or your loved one the next day," Vonda said.
A city surveillance camera at 28th and Jefferson was not working at the time.
Vonda says even though Linwood was with his friends at the time of the shooting, no one has been able to give police information about the shooter.
"The no snitching thing, all it does in my heart I believe it only gives leeway for them to take your loved one away," Vonda said.
Vonda now hopes a bigger reward will urge someone to come forward.
"I'm praying that it will help and it's sad that money talks and someone in life doesn't," Vonda said.
The Citizens Crime Commission is administering a $2,000 reward.
While the city of Philadelphia is offering up to $20,000 for information leading to an arrest and conviction.
You can make an anonymous call to the Citizens Crime Commission at 215-546-TIPS.
Or you can call the police hotline at 215-686-TIPS.
"I will be proactive until it is done, until my son's murderer is put to justice, I will never give up on that," Vonda said.
crimefighters, philadelphia, brewerytown, shooting, homicide, local/state, rick williams
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall
- Warm and humid, 80s again today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Man gunned down at water ice stand
- Bicyclist shoots man in face in SW Philadelphia 7 min ago
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Bar fight ends with 2 shot in SW Philadelphia
- Man shot in the head in Camden; suspect sought 23 min ago
- Okla. residents come home to pick up the pieces
- Suicide at Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris 28 min ago
- Vatican insists that no papal exorcism took place 29 min ago
- Sleep monitors promise a better night's sleep
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc