Driver sought in Bucks Co. hit-and-run
LEVITTOWN, Pa - July 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities in Bucks County are looking for the driver who struck a 26-year-old man and sped off - leaving him critically injured.
It happened around 12:30 Sunday morning on 4900 block of New Falls Road in Middletown.
Officers tell Action News 26-year-old John Rearick was walking when he was struck by a car and left on the roadway. Rearick sustained serious head injuries and was taken to St. Mary's Medical Center in critical condition.
Police say they are looking for a red or maroon colored vehicle with car damage. A red Cadillac was also reported at the scene but it's unknown if the vehicle was involved in the crash.
The area where the accident occurred is a well travelled roadway and authorities believe someone may have saw something.
Anyone with information on the vehicle or the driver is asked to contact the Middletown Police Department.
pennsylvania, bucks county, accident, hit and run, local/state
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days 41 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slick, debris not from missing Malaysia jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: Skydiver's mid-air collision with plane
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act