Driver sought in Bucks Co. hit-and-run
LEVITTOWN, Pa - July 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities in Bucks County are looking for the driver who struck a 26-year-old man and sped off - leaving him critically injured.
It happened around 12:30 Sunday morning on 4900 block of New Falls Road in Middletown.
Officers tell Action News 26-year-old John Rearick was walking when he was struck by a car and left on the roadway. Rearick sustained serious head injuries and was taken to St. Mary's Medical Center in critical condition.
Police say they are looking for a red or maroon colored vehicle with car damage. A red Cadillac was also reported at the scene but it's unknown if the vehicle was involved in the crash.
The area where the accident occurred is a well travelled roadway and authorities believe someone may have saw something.
Anyone with information on the vehicle or the driver is asked to contact the Middletown Police Department.
pennsylvania, bucks county, accident, hit and run, local/state
- Police probe pizza deliveryman shooting in SW Phila.
- Sunny, blustery winds today 41 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co. 29 min ago
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co. 1 min ago
- Police search for gunman in Germantown bar shooting 12 min ago
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
- Photos: 23 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- WCU investigates indecent assault, carjacking attempt
- MLK football documentary premieres in NYC
- Philadelphia Eagles 2014 game schedule
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
- Sunny, blustery winds today
41 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos