Driver sought in Bucks Co. hit-and-run
LEVITTOWN, Pa - July 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities in Bucks County are looking for the driver who struck a 26-year-old man and sped off - leaving him critically injured.
It happened around 12:30 Sunday morning on 4900 block of New Falls Road in Middletown.
Officers tell Action News 26-year-old John Rearick was walking when he was struck by a car and left on the roadway. Rearick sustained serious head injuries and was taken to St. Mary's Medical Center in critical condition.
Police say they are looking for a red or maroon colored vehicle with car damage. A red Cadillac was also reported at the scene but it's unknown if the vehicle was involved in the crash.
The area where the accident occurred is a well travelled roadway and authorities believe someone may have saw something.
Anyone with information on the vehicle or the driver is asked to contact the Middletown Police Department.
pennsylvania, bucks county, accident, hit and run, local/state
- More Snow on the Way
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- 2 PSU students charged with ethnic intimidation
- Teen shot and killed in Wilmington
- 2K get meningitis B vaccinations at Princeton
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition
- Video: Woman finds, returns envelope full of cash