Driver sought in Bucks Co. hit-and-run
LEVITTOWN, Pa - July 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities in Bucks County are looking for the driver who struck a 26-year-old man and sped off - leaving him critically injured.
It happened around 12:30 Sunday morning on 4900 block of New Falls Road in Middletown.
Officers tell Action News 26-year-old John Rearick was walking when he was struck by a car and left on the roadway. Rearick sustained serious head injuries and was taken to St. Mary's Medical Center in critical condition.
Police say they are looking for a red or maroon colored vehicle with car damage. A red Cadillac was also reported at the scene but it's unknown if the vehicle was involved in the crash.
The area where the accident occurred is a well travelled roadway and authorities believe someone may have saw something.
Anyone with information on the vehicle or the driver is asked to contact the Middletown Police Department.
pennsylvania, bucks county, accident, hit and run, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera 47 min ago
- Slightly Cooler Sunday 1 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
1 min ago