Driver sought in Bucks Co. hit-and-run
LEVITTOWN, Pa - July 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities in Bucks County are looking for the driver who struck a 26-year-old man and sped off - leaving him critically injured.
It happened around 12:30 Sunday morning on 4900 block of New Falls Road in Middletown.
Officers tell Action News 26-year-old John Rearick was walking when he was struck by a car and left on the roadway. Rearick sustained serious head injuries and was taken to St. Mary's Medical Center in critical condition.
Police say they are looking for a red or maroon colored vehicle with car damage. A red Cadillac was also reported at the scene but it's unknown if the vehicle was involved in the crash.
The area where the accident occurred is a well travelled roadway and authorities believe someone may have saw something.
Anyone with information on the vehicle or the driver is asked to contact the Middletown Police Department.
pennsylvania, bucks county, accident, hit and run, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 45 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case 34 min ago
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; 6 dead, 290 missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Photos: Royal family kicks off tour of Australia