Pemberton woman charged in husband's shooting death
PEMBERTON TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) - July 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- The wife of an elderly man found shot to death inside his southern New Jersey home has been charged with his murder.
Burlington County Prosecutor Robert Bernardi announced Sunday that 76-year-old Fredricka Rosa of Pemberton Township was being held on $250,000 bail in the death of 79-year-old Valpa Rosa Sr.
Police found the body Saturday after being called to the home by a family member, but Bernardi said Rosa apparently died Thursday night. Bernardi said Rosa was shot in the head and neck with a .357 magnum handgun, which was recovered at the residence.
A possible motive for the shooting wasn't disclosed.
Bernardi said police were called to the home by one the couple's children, who lives out of state but went there after receiving a call from Fredricka Rosa.
new jersey, burlington county, homicide, shooting, local/state
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist 45 min ago
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy 13 min ago
- Police investigate serious crash in Levittown 1 min ago
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del. 5 min ago
- 5 injured in 7 vehicle wreck on I-95 in Del.
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Man with samurai sword arrested at New Jersey deli
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply 36 min ago