Pemberton woman charged in husband's shooting death
PEMBERTON TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) - July 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- The wife of an elderly man found shot to death inside his southern New Jersey home has been charged with his murder.
Burlington County Prosecutor Robert Bernardi announced Sunday that 76-year-old Fredricka Rosa of Pemberton Township was being held on $250,000 bail in the death of 79-year-old Valpa Rosa Sr.
Police found the body Saturday after being called to the home by a family member, but Bernardi said Rosa apparently died Thursday night. Bernardi said Rosa was shot in the head and neck with a .357 magnum handgun, which was recovered at the residence.
A possible motive for the shooting wasn't disclosed.
Bernardi said police were called to the home by one the couple's children, who lives out of state but went there after receiving a call from Fredricka Rosa.
new jersey, burlington county, homicide, shooting, local/state
- Screaming man attacks police station, cars 36 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of smashed police car, station...
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases 18 min ago
- Video: Would-be firebomber sets self on fire