3 swimmers pulled from waters off Ocean City
OCEAN CITY, Md. (AP) -July 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- Three swimmers had to be pulled from the waters off an Ocean City beach.
Officials say Ocean City police, fire and beach patrol responded to a distress call around 6 p.m. Friday. Three people were pulled from the water, including one rescued by an off-duty beach patrol employee. The group had gone into the water near 90th Street.
The swimmers were taken to the hospital, but their conditions were not known.
Ocean City says visitors and residents shouldn't swim on beaches without a lifeguard present. Lifeguards are on duty daily from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. from Memorial Day until late September.
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend 37 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?
- Shelter Me: Voorhees Animal Orphanage
54 min ago