3 swimmers pulled from waters off Ocean City
OCEAN CITY, Md. (AP) -July 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- Three swimmers had to be pulled from the waters off an Ocean City beach.
Officials say Ocean City police, fire and beach patrol responded to a distress call around 6 p.m. Friday. Three people were pulled from the water, including one rescued by an off-duty beach patrol employee. The group had gone into the water near 90th Street.
The swimmers were taken to the hospital, but their conditions were not known.
Ocean City says visitors and residents shouldn't swim on beaches without a lifeguard present. Lifeguards are on duty daily from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. from Memorial Day until late September.
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected 25 min ago
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in Talleyville
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera 41 min ago
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Video: Christmas tree comes to life in school prank
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected
25 min ago
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught...
41 min ago