3 swimmers pulled from waters off Ocean City
OCEAN CITY, Md. (AP) -July 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- Three swimmers had to be pulled from the waters off an Ocean City beach.
Officials say Ocean City police, fire and beach patrol responded to a distress call around 6 p.m. Friday. Three people were pulled from the water, including one rescued by an off-duty beach patrol employee. The group had gone into the water near 90th Street.
The swimmers were taken to the hospital, but their conditions were not known.
Ocean City says visitors and residents shouldn't swim on beaches without a lifeguard present. Lifeguards are on duty daily from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. from Memorial Day until late September.
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off drug dealers 45 min ago
- Warm and humid, 80s again today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Police ID victim in water ice stand homicide
- SW Phila. shootings possibly connected to bar fight 54 min ago
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall
- Report: FBI agent fatally shoots Tsarnaev associate
- D.A.: Girlfriend's murder in Chesco 'an execution' 44 min ago
- Okla. residents come home to pick up the pieces
- Vatican insists that no papal exorcism took place
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Sleep monitors promise a better night's sleep
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc