Suspect killed in burglary of police officer's home
ANDORRA - July 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- An off-duty Warminster, Bucks County police officer shot and killed a burglary suspect early Monday morning in the Andorra section of Philadelphia.
The incident happened around 3:45 a.m. in the 8700 block of Sagamore Road.
The officer's wife heard the suspects breaking into their home and she alerted her husband.
He confronted two men, shooting one of them who was later pronounced dead at the scene.
The other suspect fled in the officer's 2001 Honda Odyssey.
The officer and his wife were not injured and police remain on the scene investigating.
- Search for missing college student from Collegeville
- Stray Shower, Patchy Fog Tonight
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Tornadoes level homes in Oklahoma, hit other states
- 2 alarm apartment fire in Washington Township
- Tracking down criminals with family DNA testing
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in NJ Turnpike chase
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- Teen killed over iPad, 2 suspects arrested
- 2 FBI agents killed in training accident in Virginia
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 winners list
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos