Police nab 2 escaped work-release inmates in Pa.
WILKES-BARRE, Pa. (AP) -July 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say two inmates at a northeastern Pennsylvania prison have been captured after briefly escaping while out on work-release.
Officials say the two Luzerne County Correctional Facility inmates walked away from work-release Sunday afternoon. But police say they were apprehended near the Mohegan Sun at Pocono Downs casino and returned to the prison shortly after 4 p.m.
Plains Township police Sgt. Dave Abraham says Plains Township police captured one prisoner and Wilkes-Barre police captured the other.
The names of the two men were not immediately released.
prison escape, pennsylvania, local/state
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe 48 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police try to ID mystery hit-and-run victim 32 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China 6 min ago
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
48 min ago
- Police try to ID mystery hit-and-run victim
32 min ago