Police nab 2 escaped work-release inmates in Pa.
WILKES-BARRE, Pa. (AP) -July 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say two inmates at a northeastern Pennsylvania prison have been captured after briefly escaping while out on work-release.
Officials say the two Luzerne County Correctional Facility inmates walked away from work-release Sunday afternoon. But police say they were apprehended near the Mohegan Sun at Pocono Downs casino and returned to the prison shortly after 4 p.m.
Plains Township police Sgt. Dave Abraham says Plains Township police captured one prisoner and Wilkes-Barre police captured the other.
The names of the two men were not immediately released.
prison escape, pennsylvania, local/state
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured 58 min ago
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's 45 min ago
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk 3 min ago
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County 34 min ago
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Video captures Laundromat robbery 49 min ago
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
- Security breach affected all cards, not...
45 min ago
- London theater partially collapses; 80...
58 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos