Police nab 2 escaped work-release inmates in Pa.
WILKES-BARRE, Pa. (AP) -July 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say two inmates at a northeastern Pennsylvania prison have been captured after briefly escaping while out on work-release.
Officials say the two Luzerne County Correctional Facility inmates walked away from work-release Sunday afternoon. But police say they were apprehended near the Mohegan Sun at Pocono Downs casino and returned to the prison shortly after 4 p.m.
Plains Township police Sgt. Dave Abraham says Plains Township police captured one prisoner and Wilkes-Barre police captured the other.
The names of the two men were not immediately released.
prison escape, pennsylvania, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today 8 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Fire forces several residents from Logan apartments 10 min ago
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man