Missing engagement ring found in surf
MARGATE, N.J. (AP) - July 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- A New Jersey newlywed has her engagement ring back after she lost it at the beach two weeks ago.
Carly Booth forgot she had placed the ring and her wedding band on her lap when she applied sunscreen as she sat on the beach in Margate.
She returned two hours later when she realized her mistake. A search, which included strangers, turned up nothing.
Don Spivack of Union was standing by the water's edge when he felt something by his toe on Sunday.
Spivack tells The Press of Atlantic City he saw something sparkling and knew the ring likely belonged to the wife of the lifeguard who lost it.
Spivack turned the ring over to Booth's husband.
The wedding band remains missing.
new jersey, local/state
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Video: Flyers' Hartnell co-authors children's book