Missing engagement ring found in surf
MARGATE, N.J. (AP) - July 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- A New Jersey newlywed has her engagement ring back after she lost it at the beach two weeks ago.
Carly Booth forgot she had placed the ring and her wedding band on her lap when she applied sunscreen as she sat on the beach in Margate.
She returned two hours later when she realized her mistake. A search, which included strangers, turned up nothing.
Don Spivack of Union was standing by the water's edge when he felt something by his toe on Sunday.
Spivack tells The Press of Atlantic City he saw something sparkling and knew the ring likely belonged to the wife of the lifeguard who lost it.
Spivack turned the ring over to Booth's husband.
The wedding band remains missing.
new jersey, local/state
- 10-year-old Wilmington boy reported missing
- A Nice Stretch 49 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- United Airlines outage delays some travelers at PHL 18 min ago
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot suspect
- Friends mourn NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
- Collapse committee to hold first meeting today
- Maple syrup used to vandalize Pottstown church
- Award-winning journalist Michael Hastings dies
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Car carrier crashes into bridge in Whitemarsh Twp.
- Death investigation leads police to home of Patriots TE
- James, Heat push NBA Finals to Game 7