Oyster Creek nuclear plant shut down
LACEY TOWNSHIP, N.J. - July 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- Officials shut down the Oyster Creek nuclear plant in Lacey Township after the plant lost off-site power Monday.
The Nuclear Regulatory Commission says emergency generators powered safety systems and plant operators responded appropriately to the situation.
Officials believe the loss of power resulted from a ground of a high-voltage line that provides electricity to the nuclear plant in Ocean County.
new jersey, ocean county, nuclear power, local/state
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- 76ers owner Harris calls 19-win season 'success'
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Bride gets help after banquet closes
- Worth the wait: Easter treats in Philadelphia
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show 55 min ago