Oyster Creek nuclear plant shut down
LACEY TOWNSHIP, N.J. - July 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- Officials shut down the Oyster Creek nuclear plant in Lacey Township after the plant lost off-site power Monday.
The Nuclear Regulatory Commission says emergency generators powered safety systems and plant operators responded appropriately to the situation.
Officials believe the loss of power resulted from a ground of a high-voltage line that provides electricity to the nuclear plant in Ocean County.
new jersey, ocean county, nuclear power, local/state
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday 41 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Search for missing jet expands toward Indian Ocean 37 min ago
- Truck overturns on Paoli Pike; 1 injury 49 min ago
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Pictures of suspects in Logan murder
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday
41 min ago