Oyster Creek nuclear plant shut down
LACEY TOWNSHIP, N.J. - July 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- Officials shut down the Oyster Creek nuclear plant in Lacey Township after the plant lost off-site power Monday.
The Nuclear Regulatory Commission says emergency generators powered safety systems and plant operators responded appropriately to the situation.
Officials believe the loss of power resulted from a ground of a high-voltage line that provides electricity to the nuclear plant in Ocean County.
new jersey, ocean county, nuclear power, local/state
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof.
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Man shot, killed on Kensington street
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
- South Street area restaurants damaged, burglarized
- Pope Francis 'Person of the Year'; popularity surges
- Stranded family found alive in Nevada
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)