Oyster Creek nuclear plant shut down
LACEY TOWNSHIP, N.J. - July 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- Officials shut down the Oyster Creek nuclear plant in Lacey Township after the plant lost off-site power Monday.
The Nuclear Regulatory Commission says emergency generators powered safety systems and plant operators responded appropriately to the situation.
Officials believe the loss of power resulted from a ground of a high-voltage line that provides electricity to the nuclear plant in Ocean County.
new jersey, ocean county, nuclear power, local/state
- 2 dead in Pennsauken doctor's office shooting ID'd
- Stormy to spectacular 43 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Tire dumping probe targets Wilmington shop 15 min ago
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Chrysler recalls 2.7 million Jeeps
- Teacher charged again for indecent exposure
- Construction worker killed on way to job
- US: Unruly traveler had worked at State Department
- 2 sought in Rehoboth Beach credit card fraud
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia
- Phillies activate Carlos Ruiz from disabled list
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos