Body of missing Del. fisherman found
TOWNSEND, Pa. - July 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a body recovered Sunday from Black Bird Creek has been identified as that of a 45-year-old Townsend man reported missing the previous night.
Officials with the state fish and wildlife enforcement agency say John H. Fisher had gone crabbing in his boat around 5:00pm on Friday. His family reported him around 1:00am Saturday morning when he didn't return home.
Searchers found Fisher's body near his boat about 11:00 am Sunday. He was not wearing a life jacket.
The body was turned over to the medical examiner's office to determine the cause of death.
delaware, missing boater, local/state
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J. 29 min ago
- Tracking Weekend Storm 8 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering 36 min ago
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges 1 min ago
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos 20 min ago
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle 16 min ago
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church 2 min ago
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
- On video: serial smash-and-grab burglar in...
1 min ago
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in...
20 min ago
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in...
29 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos