Body of missing Del. fisherman found
TOWNSEND, Pa. - July 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a body recovered Sunday from Black Bird Creek has been identified as that of a 45-year-old Townsend man reported missing the previous night.
Officials with the state fish and wildlife enforcement agency say John H. Fisher had gone crabbing in his boat around 5:00pm on Friday. His family reported him around 1:00am Saturday morning when he didn't return home.
Searchers found Fisher's body near his boat about 11:00 am Sunday. He was not wearing a life jacket.
The body was turned over to the medical examiner's office to determine the cause of death.
delaware, missing boater, local/state
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd 30 min ago
- Easter Sunshine Sunday 34 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing
- Woman's body found in Berks County
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- It's a boy - again for Jamie Apody! 22 min ago
- NJ woman: Dog and TV stolen on 1st date
- Prescription drug ring busted at Aria-Torresdale Hospital
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
16 min ago