Body of missing Del. fisherman found
TOWNSEND, Pa. - July 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a body recovered Sunday from Black Bird Creek has been identified as that of a 45-year-old Townsend man reported missing the previous night.
Officials with the state fish and wildlife enforcement agency say John H. Fisher had gone crabbing in his boat around 5:00pm on Friday. His family reported him around 1:00am Saturday morning when he didn't return home.
Searchers found Fisher's body near his boat about 11:00 am Sunday. He was not wearing a life jacket.
The body was turned over to the medical examiner's office to determine the cause of death.
delaware, missing boater, local/state
- Mourning NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide 59 min ago
- Stormy to spectacular 43 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Storms bring floods to the Jersey shore
- Video: Incredible footage of wrong-way bus crash
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Tire dumping probe targets Wilmington shop
- Teacher charged again for indecent exposure
- Construction worker killed on way to job
- US: Unruly traveler had worked at State Department
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia
- Phillies activate Carlos Ruiz from disabled list
- Mourning NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
59 min ago