Body of missing Del. fisherman found
TOWNSEND, Pa. - July 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a body recovered Sunday from Black Bird Creek has been identified as that of a 45-year-old Townsend man reported missing the previous night.
Officials with the state fish and wildlife enforcement agency say John H. Fisher had gone crabbing in his boat around 5:00pm on Friday. His family reported him around 1:00am Saturday morning when he didn't return home.
Searchers found Fisher's body near his boat about 11:00 am Sunday. He was not wearing a life jacket.
The body was turned over to the medical examiner's office to determine the cause of death.
delaware, missing boater, local/state
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting 35 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet 5 min ago
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run 36 min ago
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing...
5 min ago
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
35 min ago