Del. doctor indicted on sex charges
WILMINGTON, Del. - July 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a New Castle County grand jury has indicted an 85-year-old Newark physician charged with unlawful sexual contact with several patients.
Pierre Leroy was arrested in May after a 35-year-old female patient reported that he had touched her inappropriately during a medical examination.
A subsequent investigation resulted in Leroy being indicted on 20 counts involving six adult victims.
Leroy was arraigned after turning himself in last week, and released on $40,000 unsecured bond. He is charged with 11 counts of unlawful sexual contact, three counts of attempted unlawful sexual contact and six counts of sexual harassment.
Following Leroy's arrest, state officials ordered an emergency suspension of his medical license.
delaware, new castle county, sex assault, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 19 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight 17 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Trash truck overturns on Rt. 130 in Pennsauken 48 min ago
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown 46 min ago
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Search for missing teenager in Camden
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Photos: Royal family kicks off tour of Australia
- Freeze Warning overnight
17 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos