Del. doctor indicted on sex charges
WILMINGTON, Del. - July 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a New Castle County grand jury has indicted an 85-year-old Newark physician charged with unlawful sexual contact with several patients.
Pierre Leroy was arrested in May after a 35-year-old female patient reported that he had touched her inappropriately during a medical examination.
A subsequent investigation resulted in Leroy being indicted on 20 counts involving six adult victims.
Leroy was arraigned after turning himself in last week, and released on $40,000 unsecured bond. He is charged with 11 counts of unlawful sexual contact, three counts of attempted unlawful sexual contact and six counts of sexual harassment.
Following Leroy's arrest, state officials ordered an emergency suspension of his medical license.
delaware, new castle county, sex assault, local/state
- 2 dead after buildings explode in New York City 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Video: Raw video from scene of NYC explosion 37 min ago
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars 11 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of smashed police car, station...
- Montco 3rd grader hospitalized with meningitis infection 17 min ago
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak 10 min ago
- Sandusky's wife: Victims manipulated over money
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- Carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase 15 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Raw video from scene of NYC explosion
37 min ago