Del. doctor indicted on sex charges
WILMINGTON, Del. - July 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a New Castle County grand jury has indicted an 85-year-old Newark physician charged with unlawful sexual contact with several patients.
Pierre Leroy was arrested in May after a 35-year-old female patient reported that he had touched her inappropriately during a medical examination.
A subsequent investigation resulted in Leroy being indicted on 20 counts involving six adult victims.
Leroy was arraigned after turning himself in last week, and released on $40,000 unsecured bond. He is charged with 11 counts of unlawful sexual contact, three counts of attempted unlawful sexual contact and six counts of sexual harassment.
Following Leroy's arrest, state officials ordered an emergency suspension of his medical license.
delaware, new castle county, sex assault, local/state
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack 10 min ago
- Arrest in S. Phila. Christmas decoration theft
- Woman stabbed female cousin to death, police say
- Roy Halladay retiring as a Blue Jay
- Man who bought guns for teen sentenced 8 min ago
- 2 kids, 3 others injured in school bus crash
- US Airways, American merger complete 11 min ago
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition 15 min ago
- AAA: Prepare your car for winter driving now! 40 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally
- Shoplifting dog gets busted
31 min ago