Del. doctor indicted on sex charges
WILMINGTON, Del. - July 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a New Castle County grand jury has indicted an 85-year-old Newark physician charged with unlawful sexual contact with several patients.
Pierre Leroy was arrested in May after a 35-year-old female patient reported that he had touched her inappropriately during a medical examination.
A subsequent investigation resulted in Leroy being indicted on 20 counts involving six adult victims.
Leroy was arraigned after turning himself in last week, and released on $40,000 unsecured bond. He is charged with 11 counts of unlawful sexual contact, three counts of attempted unlawful sexual contact and six counts of sexual harassment.
Following Leroy's arrest, state officials ordered an emergency suspension of his medical license.
delaware, new castle county, sex assault, local/state
- Body found in home of Philadelphia attorney
- Clear, Still Breezy Tonight
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Delco girl awaiting transplant 18-months later 13 min ago
- 1 dead in I-495 crash in Claymont, Delaware
- 7-year-old critically injured in SW Phila. house fire
- NE Phila. couple stabbed at home, son arrested
- Neighbor rescues woman in West Oak Lane fire 14 min ago
- Amber Alert for Pottsville teen canceled
- San Antonio flooding kills 1; hundreds rescued 19 min ago
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris
- Knife-wielding man shot, killed in Oxford Circle
- Start to 1st summer after Sandy at NJ shore