Christie orders NJ flags lowered after shootings
TRENTON, N.J. (AP) - July 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- Gov. Chris Christie has ordered that flags on public buildings around New Jersey be lowered to half-staff on Wednesday in honor of those killed in the shooting rampage at a Colorado movie theater.
Twelve people were killed and about 60 were wounded when a gunman opened fire early Friday in a movie theater in Aurora, Colo., at a showing of the new Batman movie.
Christie's order follows one by President Barack Obama that flags be flown at half-staff on federal buildings.
new jersey, colorado theater shooting, colorado, shooting, mass shooting, gov. chris christie, local/state
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target 25 min ago
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus 46 min ago
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Purse snatcher caught on camera in Montco
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Impact of Sunoco HQ, Citibank leaving Philly
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Photos: Most fascinating people of 2013