Christie orders NJ flags lowered after shootings
TRENTON, N.J. (AP) - July 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- Gov. Chris Christie has ordered that flags on public buildings around New Jersey be lowered to half-staff on Wednesday in honor of those killed in the shooting rampage at a Colorado movie theater.
Twelve people were killed and about 60 were wounded when a gunman opened fire early Friday in a movie theater in Aurora, Colo., at a showing of the new Batman movie.
Christie's order follows one by President Barack Obama that flags be flown at half-staff on federal buildings.
new jersey, colorado theater shooting, colorado, shooting, mass shooting, gov. chris christie, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in North Philadelphia 29 min ago
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester 10 min ago
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ