NJ officer, motorist injured in head-on collision
ABSECON, N.J. - July 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- A police officer and a motorist are injured after a head-on collision in Atlantic County.
The accident occurred around 10:30 p.m. on the 500 block of South New Road in Absecon near Holy Spirit High School.
Officials say an Absecon police officer's cruiser and an SUV collided head-on.
The SUV overturned and struck a utility pole, breaking the pole.
Both the police officer and the driver of the SUV were transported to area hospitals with non-life-threatening injuries.
Approximately 600 Atlantic City Electric customers lost power due to the broken utility pole.
Police continue to investigate.
new jersey, atlantic county, accident, police, local/state
- Bicyclist impaled on fence in Fairmount Park
- Another Beauty
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Actor James Gandolfini dies in Italy at age 51 34 min ago
- Police: Severe neglect led to disabled man's death 16 min ago
- Shots fired at man sitting on steps in Point Breeze
- Water main break buckles road in South Philly
- Body discovered in house fire in Allentown 10 min ago
- Villanova lockdown over, all suspects in custody
- Boy, 6, hit by car in East Oak Lane
- Photos: Pictures of bear sightings in the area
- 20 people charged in Ocean Co. heroin raids
- 15 charged in NJ unemployment fraud case
- Actor James Gandolfini dies in Italy at age...
34 min ago