NJ officer, motorist injured in head-on collision
ABSECON, N.J. - July 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- A police officer and a motorist are injured after a head-on collision in Atlantic County.
The accident occurred around 10:30 p.m. on the 500 block of South New Road in Absecon near Holy Spirit High School.
Officials say an Absecon police officer's cruiser and an SUV collided head-on.
The SUV overturned and struck a utility pole, breaking the pole.
Both the police officer and the driver of the SUV were transported to area hospitals with non-life-threatening injuries.
Approximately 600 Atlantic City Electric customers lost power due to the broken utility pole.
Police continue to investigate.
new jersey, atlantic county, accident, police, local/state
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident 28 min ago
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead 4 min ago
- Minivan, car collide head-on in Paoli 1 min ago
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire
- Multiple arrests after fight in bar parking lot
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
- Video: Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game
- 2 injured after vehicle hits sinkhole in...
30 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos