NJ officer, motorist injured in head-on collision
ABSECON, N.J. - July 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- A police officer and a motorist are injured after a head-on collision in Atlantic County.
The accident occurred around 10:30 p.m. on the 500 block of South New Road in Absecon near Holy Spirit High School.
Officials say an Absecon police officer's cruiser and an SUV collided head-on.
The SUV overturned and struck a utility pole, breaking the pole.
Both the police officer and the driver of the SUV were transported to area hospitals with non-life-threatening injuries.
Approximately 600 Atlantic City Electric customers lost power due to the broken utility pole.
Police continue to investigate.
new jersey, atlantic county, accident, police, local/state
- Snow/ Sleet Arriving
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Photos: Wintry weather forecast maps
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI
- Body found in Logan tire fire
- $10K reward in murder of Chester gas station owner
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Mandela
- Suspects sought in Glenside carjacking, abduction
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist
- NJ officers play Santa for 'Shop with a Cop'
- Susan Boyle says Asperger's diagnosis was a relief 44 min ago