W.Va. mom charged in tot's death in Pa. hotel
PITTSBURGH (AP) -July 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- A West Virginia woman is now charged with homicide in the drowning death of her 2-year-old son inside a Pittsburgh hotel room.
Sharon Flanagan has been in custody since July 2, a day after her 2-year-old son was found unconscious in a hotel bathtub. Steven Flanagan died July 6.
Police say Sharon Flanagan, of Inwood, W.Va., gave inconsistent accounts of the incident, telling detectives the boy was stuck in the bathtub after he slipped. The Allegheny County medical examiner's office ruled the death a homicide on Monday.
Officials in West Virginia say Sharon Flanagan threatened to kill herself and the child in the past.
Flanagan's attorney says the toddler's death was a tragic accident and his client didn't harm her son.
drowning, west virginia, pennsylvania, local/state
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Easter Sunshine Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Elderly man struck, killed in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Crimefighters: Reward in Camden drive-thru murder
- Divers pull more bodies from South Korean ferry
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police