Police: No threat at Citizens Bank Park
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - July 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Philadelphia Police bomb squad says there is no threat after they were called to Citizens Bank Park on Tuesday morning.
It was around 9:45 a.m. when police were called to 10th and Packer.
Sources tell Action News that a worker was cutting grass outside the stadium, home of the Philadelphia Phillies, when he apparently struck something. That worker, sources said, claimed that object "exploded."
Police were called to the scene and investigated the incident.
About an hour after it all began, police declared the incident "unfounded."
philadelphia, south philadelphia, citizens bank park, local/state
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet 55 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian killed in Collingdale hit-and-run 25 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing...
55 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos